The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Carrying 2 guns while coyote Hunting?

11K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  BCozhunter 
#1 ·
Can an individual carry both a rifle and a shotgun while hunting coyotes at night?

#7 ·
easterndog said:
BcozHunter said:
This ought to cover you!
Thats a double barrel 12. It is not a over under shotgun rifle you are thinking of. Unless that is a 12 and 50. If it is a 50 on the other side of that 12,I sure do want to be around when you pull that trigger. LOL
Look at the THIRD Little hole directly under the 2-12 guage holes... looks like a 223 maybe...

I know a guy from South Carolina who has 1 of them Triple Barrels... his is 12 guage side by side with a .22 mag under them...got to shoot it the last time I was down, they are NICE Firearms!
Not many around, but they are out there!

#8 ·
Woody, look at the link I posted. That rifle could be up to a 9.3x74R. That should be enough to stop a coyote

The drillings are fairly common around here, and are great looking guns. I just don't have that kinda cash to spend on a gun that I probably wouldn't hunt much with.

#10 ·
Drilling is what that sort of firearm is commonly known as.

Many came here from Germany after WWII, as "trophies" seized by American GIs. Ran into a guy stalking a fence row in Potter Co. once, in an area we hunted woodchucks in. We thought it was a double barrel, came to find it also had a 22 Hornet barrel.

Guy said it had been his grandfather's.

#12 ·
Woodywoodduck said:
Look at the THIRD Little hole directly under the 2-12 guage holes... looks like a 223 maybe...

I know a guy from South Carolina who has 1 of them Triple Barrels... his is 12 guage side by side with a .22 mag under them...got to shoot it the last time I was down, they are NICE Firearms!
I've never seen a triple barrel gun.
Where is the third trigger mechanism? I don't see one in the pic.

#13 ·
varmintblaster said:
I've never shot one, and was wondering the same thing.

From the site I posted.
The 96K is fitted with double triggers and the front trigger, which operates for the rifle barrel when selected, is also a set trigger.

#14 ·
varmintblaster said:
Woodywoodduck said:

I would say it is one of those safty looking buttons on the stock. Like slide it forward and it switches a trigger to the bottom barrel pirepin mechanism

#15 ·
one of my dads duties with the army immediately after hostilities in WW2 was to go around and destroy military and civlian owned guns. They would be brought in to a central point in the village, they would load them up and take them into the country where they would be run over by tanks, burned and buried.

He said there were a lot of drillings, side x sides, single barrel shotguns (lots of 16 guages), sporting rifles along with military ordance. A good numberer of those were "rescued" by GI's and shipped home. My dad brought back two model 98's and a P-38. I wished that he had snagged a couple of drillings and a sporterized mauser. He said it made him sick to destroy guns that were family heirlooms. I suspect that a lot of folks buried theirs. At least I hope so.

#18 ·
varmintblaster said:
Woodywoodduck said:

The 1 the guy I know from South Carolina had 2 switches that looked like Safeties... 1 was a safety and the other was for the bottom barrel, back was for the right barrel forward was for the bottom barrel... sorta like BcozHunter said

#21 ·
BcozHunter said:
TheASlayer said:
Those things look sweet, but probably so does the price!!!
EUR 8,879.00

If i did the math right it comes out to be a little over 12K.... Before i spend 12K on a Büchsflintendrilling 96 KS i'll spend 8-10K on a 50bmg... You sound a lot cooler telling someone that you own a 50bmg then a name that half the people cant say much less spell..

#24 ·
In one of my first posts on this subject I said that I would never hunt with a gun that cost that much, so why own it.

That would be the main reason that once I got all of the requirements to own a gun here, I bought a good ol' USA made Ruger

If I'm going to do any bird hunting, I'll buy a seperate shotgun.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.