The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just looking for a couple answers to a couple questions I have about my carry permit:
1. Is there anywhere I can get a list of states that accept the pa carry permit?
2.) I recieved my carry permit in Erie, PA when I was up there for college. Since then I have moved and had the proper change of address card. Here's where things get tricky. My drivers license expired and when I was issued my new one they took and destroyed my change of address card. So my address on my permit doesn't match the address on my drivers license. Do I need to change the address on my permit or am I still legal?
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
I don't know for sure but a trip to the sherrifs office where you live now would answer both your questions and they would give alot better advice than an interent cop.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Bobcat...I didnt think they let you out of the Predator or Trapping forums
...j/k

Here is the answer to your first question:

Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Indiana
Kentucky
Louisiana
Michigan
Missouri
Montana
New Hampshire
North Carolina
North Dakota
Oklahoma
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
West Virginia
Wyoming

All of these states honor Pa's LTCF and Pa honors all of the ones issued in those states as well except for Vermont since they dont have a law controlling who carries.

On the second question...it is still legal, given you are still residing in Pa.

Your current license to carry a firearm (LTCF) is valid until expiration or revocation, regardless of where you move to. However, it is a good practice to notify the issuing Sheriff of your change of address so that you will receive any notices of renewal or revocation and since they issued it to you.

Your Erie County Sheriff address is:

Erie County Sheriff's Office
Sheriff Bob Merski
140 West 6th Street
Erie, PA 16501

Hope this helped and btw, only take what some sheriffs tell you about LTCF's with a grain of salt. Always look for the real laws after they tell you theirs.

Walt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts