The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 30 carbine revolver. And have a carry permit. Can I take with me archery hunting. More coyotes in my hunting areas.
Thanks

·
Registered
18,631 Posts
I have a 30 carbine revolver. And have a carry permit. Can I take with me archery hunting. More coyotes in my hunting areas.
Thanks
You can take your pistol with you as a self defense weapon but you CANNOT use it to to shoot at game or furbearers if you are archery hunting. The regulations specifically address this. Exception for firearm that can be used while bowhunting is muzzleloaders during overlap.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I carry a G23 .40 while archery hunting. I too have a LTCF and will 100% shoot a coyote with it. Will I break the law, yes, however, I'm willing to pay the consequences.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I carry a G23 .40 while archery hunting. I too have a LTCF and will 100% shoot a coyote with it. Will I break the law, yes, however, I'm willing to pay the consequences.
You may want to rethink that. Are you willing to give up/loose your LTCF over a coyote. If you do shoot one, and get caught, you just used your CC to commit an illegal act, by, by license.

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
You may want to rethink that. Are you willing to give up/loose your LTCF over a coyote. If you do shoot one, and get caught, you just used your CC to commit an illegal act, by, by license.
Where I hunt my chances of getting caught are non existent which is probably why I'm willing to break the law.

·
Registered
18,631 Posts
A semi auto pistol is also an illegal firearm to hunt coyotes with.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Because there is little chance of getting caught?

Never heard a worse reason to break the law.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Because there is little chance of getting caught?

Never heard a worse reason to break the law.
Not a little chance, no chance and I will kill any and all coyotes I see by any means necessary. That's the way it is where I hunt and all of the locals do the same. I'm not asking for anyone to agree with it.

·
Registered
7,588 Posts
..you actually think you'll shoot a yote with a revolver while archery hunting LOL.

Reactions: bohunr
1 - 11 of 11 Posts