The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,451 Posts
Back in the late 90s or so I first started doing the low-carb eating. One time, while doing the Induction phase (which means almost no carbs for a few weeks) during archery season, my son was helping me butcher a deer that one of us had killed. Because of the carbs I wasn't drinking beer at the time, but discovered that bourbon mixed with a splash of Fresca was pretty good, and had no carbs. I had my drink in a travel mug so as not to spill any, I went to the kitchen for something and when I came back my son was just staring at me with a sour look on his face. He was about 12 at the time. I asked what's wrong, he said "I thought you told me you had Fresca in that cup!" 😁

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
LOL, I was "sweetening" my coffee with granddads whiskey when gram wasn't looking by the time I was twelve.:unsure:

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Gramps use to do likewise, I tried it with some cheap brandy, didn't like it, tried some cheap bourbon didn't like it, went back to just plain old coffee. And before anyone comments NO, I am not putting expensive brandy or bourbon in coffee.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts