The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
dpms, after I read your earlier post I looked up Sevr broad heads on the net, what is your opinion of them? What holds them open after the O-ring is cut?

·
Registered
18,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dpms, after I read your earlier post I looked up Sevr broad heads on the net, what is your opinion of them? What holds them open after the O-ring is cut?
They just became available a few weeks ago and I got some of the initial run for testing. I plan to spend some more time with them out of several different bows.

They performed perfectly for me on the hog. Once the blades open, they cannot close as the base of the blades are offset and lock against each other. There is a special tool included to unlock to blades to close them. The beauty of the design is the blades can pivot at their axis of rotation so if one side encounters heavy bone, the deployed blades pivot the opposite direction to keep the broadhead cutting straight. Another nice feature is the blades can be locked closed with a set screw so you can practice with the same broadhead you plan to hunt with. Remove the set screw after practice and hunt with them same head. The cut is pretty big at over 2 inches as well.

Since they can be ordered in singles, you don't have to invest $40 to find out you don't like them.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Thank you, they have my curiosity piqued. They are a little salty in price but if the replacement blades are reasonably priced they look like they may be worth it. I will be watching for you further reviews.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts