The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week this guy must have smacked into my camper, because I found him between my vehicles. His did not attempt to fly when I approached him. I gently picked him up and put him between my shrubs by the bird feeders, since we get regular visits from hawks, and this guy was easy pickins. Within 30 minutes he was on his way. My daughter was home and provided the picture.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Re: Cardinal Rescue

WOW.... absolutely amazing pic and stunning bird. Fantastic. One of my favorite pics on here so far. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
637 Posts

Glad he liked.
A few years back I found one on the yellow line in the middle of the raod. I stopped, walked over, and picked it up. It didn't even try to fly. I guess it got stunned by a car or truck. I put it in a box, went and bought a cage and seed, and put it in. After a half day it was so active I decided to let it go.
I took it back where I found it, and as soon as I opened the hatch and it chirped once, the female mate was 10 feet away.
When I opened the cage door it eventually figured the way out and they flew off together.
After that I was stuck with a almost new birdcage.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts

Neat Picture!

A few years ago I was over at my Dad's eat dinner looking out the back door. Here come this bird fly's right into the glass door and knock him self out cold. I go out see the Bird laying on the deck I though he was dead. few min later he get's up and flys away.

·
Premium Member
24,179 Posts

Nice pic

1 - 20 of 23 Posts