The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm finally going to arrive in the 21st century and start shooting carbon arrows. I'm going to buy a half dozen tonight to try out and see how they shoot before I decide to buy more, or try another brand. I haven't done any research on these so I'm not sure where to start. Therefore, I want to hear what everybody else is currently shooting (or have shot in the past) and what your opinions are. Thanks!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've been shooting Gold-Tips for about 10 years. I have found no reason to change. They are affordable, and very durable.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I'm shooting CX but want to switch to Easton since CX is made in Korea. Otherwise they have performed well and held up to the abuse of alot of shooting. If you decide to go with CX, use their adjusted bow weight arrow calculator to get the correct arrow. The regular chart will get you close, but if you fall in that area that you could be either or, use the calc and get the right spine.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
i shoot the easton axis small dia and relly strong. I havve hit a 2x4 with one and had no damage. I get great penetration. I love the hiddin inserts helps a lot with bh alinment

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I shoot Gold Tip XT-Hunters and like them. I have some older 6075 Carbon Express Terminator Hunters 28" I'd like to sell. I'd let them go for a couple of bucks an arrow. A couple need refletched.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Started out with the Cabela's Hunters. Now I am using the Parkers Super Carbons. I bought about 5 dozen once I found out they were dis-continued.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Carbon express - Maxima Hunters

1 - 10 of 10 Posts