The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on getting a used .50 cal caplock TC Renegade (not sure if it is useable yet). I have never hunted with a muzzle loader so I hope ya's give me a pass with all my questions. I know it won't be legal in flintlock but I'm wondering if it will be legal in the inline season ? I just saw a thread concerning loads for bear that will be very helpful to me if I get in the woods with this gun. Thanks

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Yes. It'll be legal in the early inline season. All inlines are primer ignition as well.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I am working on getting a used .50 cal caplock TC Renegade (not sure if it is useable yet). I have never hunted with a muzzle loader so I hope ya's give me a pass with all my questions. I know it won't be legal in flintlock but I'm wondering if it will be legal in the inline season ? I just saw a thread concerning loads for bear that will be very helpful to me if I get in the woods with this gun. Thanks
We really do not have an "inline season", we have a "muzzle loading firearm season which includes percussion, flintlock and inline which is a modern percussion rifle so as has been stated, cap locks are legal in the muzzle loader season.

Reactions: bobdoo and 325wsm

·
Registered
98 Posts
They're also legal in the regular firearms season as well as special regs counties. Except Philadelphia co. which is archery only.
All I hunt with are my striker fired, wood stocked, aperture sighted inlines. A TC Thunderhawk and Firehawk. Both .50's.
Never found a muzzleloader to be inadequate for my hunting needs.
Good fortune to you!
Keep your back green and powder dry!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts