The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really proud of my girlfriend, her first surf fishing trip and she pulls in a short bass and weakfish on a Rapala jerk bait. She uses them with deadly effect on the river so I new she could do it. I was using gulp with no effect, lots of bait balls and dolphins. Awesome trip with lots of oysters.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I was just there this past sat/sun but only managed a shark and a small fluke, both at sunset beach. Nothing across from harpoon henry's. Fished the incoming tides both days with bloodworms and squid on floating rigs to keep them away from the crabs.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We fished the lighthouse on our trip and used lures. We tried to fish the tides but it was hard getting out of bed in time haha.

·
Registered
20,191 Posts
Had the boat put back in yesterday after pulling it for the Labor Day hurricane that never was.
Took it out today to see if any stripers were marking around Cape May Point, the Rips or up the beach.
After looking for 2 hours nothing marked on the machine that looked encouraging yet, but it still is early.
Loads of bait in the Rips and up the beach front to Morey's Pier in Wildwood.
Water temps are still in the mid 60's so its going to be a few more weeks till things start happening down here.
I could see a fair amount of boats up in the bay and heard some reports on the radio about weakfish.
Hopefully no more hurricane scares and it will be worth dunking the boat again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts