The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else not having luck. I set six DPs out and caught one on the second night now nothing for four days. I have three in a PRIME coon area with tons of sign. And haven't caught one. [censored] one is dead on the road about 50 yards from one of my sets. I am baiting with Minnesota trapline products predator bait with a little fish oil shot around the area. What's up?

·
Registered
991 Posts
same here bud im setting on tracks and havent had any luck at all

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
I dont have much experience with trapping but if the baits you are using are not attracting coons, try different bait. Try marshmallows and sardines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Marshmallows and fish oil! caught 14 coon in 4 days so far. we caught 94 last year just on those two things in DP's.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty much what I was going to do. I am leaving everything to and switching bait up on Sunday. I can't trap my one area over the weekend as its on my way to work and I don't wanna make the drive on the weekends. Fish with marshmallow on Monday.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've caught 4 in 5 days now. Today I had nothing though, but it was very cold here last night. Only 6 DPs out and baiting with marshmallow, chicken grease and trailed with fish oil. I reset one with wet cat food yesterday to see what happens. I will be putting out a bunch of fox sets today.

·
Registered
94 Posts
ive been setting with wet cat food and sardiens caught 2 coon first day and one the second and one the third then nothing since the first day

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I put about a half tablespoon of bait and then a pea size amount about 3 feet above it for sent to travel

·
Registered
6,180 Posts
Doe asks-
<span style="color: #660000"><span style="font-weight: bold">What is a DP?</span></span>
A DP is a Dog Proof trap, designed to catch Coon by reaching in a steel tube.
I put dry cat food into my DP's and squirt fish oil on ground nearby. When set and baited, I set a golf ball on top to keep out mice and add eye appeal.

Here's the same Coon with paw in a DP (Dog Proof trap)

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Doe said:
what is the brand name and where can i get some
There are a multitude of brands, Coon Cuffs, Lil' Grizz, Duke etc...make them.....look at F&T Post, or Minnesota Trap Supply......

For a good coon lure, try Miranda's Farmland Fox......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts