The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wELL SAVED UP SOME MONEY TO GET A RUGER CHARGER 10/22 HANDGUN. I DIDN'T REALIZE THAT HERE IN THE LOVELY STATE OF NY THEY ARE CONSIDERED AN ASSULT WHEAPON SO I CAN'T GET ONE. SOMEDAY HOPEFULL SOON I CAN MOVE ACROSS THE LINE TO PA.. NO DEER TO SHOOT HERE AND NOW CAN'T BUY WHAT I WANT TO PUCNH PAPER AND SQUIRRELS. THANK YOU NY

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Man if there is no deer in Southern New York, Pa is not any better.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Nice firearm, and pretty sure you can buy them here, but semiautos are not legal for squirrels in PA.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
there is no such thing as an assult weapon.just idiots that think to much.not being allowed to own certian firearms in certian states is just plain stupid.

·
Registered
25,913 Posts
Not here, but I think semi 22 rimfires are legal for small game in most parts of NY? Apparently just not the 1022 Charger, if you can't buy one?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
around my area the deer #'s are pretty low. we can use semiautos to hunt with- everything from small game,ducks,deer and even bear. the stupid law doesn"t see that it is only a miniture 10/22 rifle which is legal as long as you have factory clip... but a big NO to the charger. oh well have to find another gun to play with

·
Registered
771 Posts
the charger pistol is above the maximum weight limit for a handgun in NY. According to Ruger they will be introducing a synthetic gripped gun in the future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts