The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a source for name brand canning lids? Man, their hard to find. If you do find them, they want a fortune for them.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I hear ya! right before canning season started I couldn't find any either! I had to buy jars with lids and rings. Finally my wife found some at are local Sur-fine. I keep checking all the time still hard to get. Ace hardware,Walmart,Val-U Home center IGA.Dollar Stores, Also check your local Craiglist

·
Registered
359 Posts
Anyone have a source for name brand canning lids? Man, their hard to find. If you do find them, they want a fortune for them.
here in SEPA our ACME grocery has had good stock. Ball is most popular.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Has any of you tried the Tattler reusable ones? They say they work ok, just not sure about them though.

·
Super Moderator
5,606 Posts
My family has canned thousands of quarts and pints over the years. Grandmothers, my mother, and Mrs Brownie. All would frown on reusing lids, or using a reusable lid. Ball ,Kerr, and Mason are the only ones I would use. Some sellers on EBay and Amazon are advertising that they have Ball and Kerr lids, but they are cheap knockoffs from China. Look at the reviews before you order.

·
Registered
909 Posts
There is a shortage of cannung supplies because many folks got into canning (and making bread) due to te Covid lockdowns..

Do not use re-usable lids... like BigBrownie - stay with brands Ball,Mason,Kerr

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Thanks , I forgot about last year! Have to get on top of that. My brother likes the Tattler lids and he cans a bunch. I’m a little skeptical.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts