The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a lot of peppers in the garden this year, jalepneo, bannana, chiles. looking for some good canned recipes like pepper relish or sandwich spreads

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
When I grew hungarian hots we would just cut them in rings and can them in a pickle solution. You can also put some in canned pickled green tomatoes for an extra kick.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I usually cook cherry hots and jalepenos in a tomato based sause and can for long term storage. Good stuff.

Another simple method for the jalepenos that go great along side a sandwich is to cut the tops off, seed them, and stuff with a chunk of cheese (your choice), place in a jar and add pickle solution, and just refrigerate. Good crunch....

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Buzzy said:
stuff with saurkraut & then pickle
My buddy just gave me a jar of these!! I never in my life heard of them until a few weeks ago...they were rockin!

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
i just LOVE jalapenos pickled in a sweet or bread and butter pickle brine. they are to DIE for, and are just friggen AWESOME on sandwiches.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I make 20-30 quarts of these a year. This makes enough for 3 quarts with a little brine left over.

Cut peppers into rings. I leave the seeds. In a quart canning jar, 3 tsp each basil and oregono. 1 Tbls minced garlic. Fill to the neck with peppers. Add 2/3 cup of vegetable oil to each jar. In a large pot, bring to a simmer 4 quarts white vinegar and 3 cups water with 1/2 cup salt. I ladle this hot liquid into the jars and throw the lids on. I allow the jars to cool and tighten the lids. Flip the jars over 3 or 4 times a day for 2 or 3 days. Good to eat after a week or so.

I have friends that beg for a jar!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts