The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to book an Ontario wolf hunt.
Need to get Passport first. I will take paperwork Mon morning.
He has an opening 12/12 to 12/18.
If anyone has some first hand information reply.
Temp 10-20 F
Recommends 30 caliber
distance 125 to 250 yds.
11/6 filed expedited passport they said 3 wks.

·
Registered
233 Posts
don't have anything on a policed record like dui or anything from your youth. i know of a guy who got caught riding a dirt bike on the road as a 15yr old who got turned around at the boarder

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hunt

Kapuskasing, Ontario, Canada.
The 5 day hunt was different for me.Facilities were good, breakfast was quick and easy, bag lunch, big dinner every evening.
Up at 5:30 on road @ 7:00. Daybreak had us cruising for fresh track, and checking bait.
Hunting sections were varied in size and shape.
Two wolves were killed the week before we got in, one was killed the day before by Ernie Stallman former owner of
Badger Barrel, one was killed on our third day. Three were seen but no shots fired.
Wolves travel alone most of the time around there.
Find fresh track, setup hunters where you think the wolf will go, send in the tracker to push and feed info over the
radios. Wait for a wolf, stands were for @ 2.5 hrs to longest @4 hrs, Temps 0 to -20 F.
Boots, Sorel Felt Pak with toe warmer. Two body warmers over kidney area, hand warmers in gloves. The best item was a
hand muff with warmers to heat your hands.
When going into the bush we were put in sleds behind snowmobiles, Coldest part of the hunt.
6-7 people in camp off and on. 2 men from WI tried calling a couple late afternoons, no sucess.
Worst part was the drive around Toronto.
I'd go again under the right circumstances.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts