The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the pa game commission told me that it is against the law to kill speckle belly geese in Pennsylvania. no where in the regs do i see where it says there is no season or that they are not to be killed that iv seen. does anyone know either way on this because im not sure if i believe what he told me. or what about sand hill cranes? doesn't say anything about those either and iv seen both in pa

·
Registered
742 Posts
DON'T SHOOT THE SANDHILLS! That will cost a few dollars. We have several small groups in western PA. They are protected and the PAGC is attempting to establish a flock at Pymatuning.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
DaveG2500 said:
the pa game commission told me that it is against the law to kill speckle belly geese in Pennsylvania. no where in the regs do i see where it says there is no season or that they are not to be killed that iv seen. does anyone know either way on this because im not sure if i believe what he told me. or what about sand hill cranes? doesn't say anything about those either and iv seen both in pa
I bet the same guy will also tell you that you can't kill teal either allot of them have no clue go figure. That's why I called Harrisburg and talked to John Dunn years ago to really find out for myself. I'm not sure who it is now to talk to but don’t shoot Sandhill Cranes.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I saw some Sandhills eating in a field in Sullivan County a couple years back. Couldn't believe my eyes..

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
RIGG-A-MORTIS said:
DrakesOnly said:
I saw some Sandhills eating in a field in Sullivan County a couple years back. Couldn't believe my eyes..
I completely forgot about this brother. Was an awesome sight to say the least.
And just before that I saw them in Bradford county just north of there also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts