The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
you guys kill me with your reach for the sky data, and numbers you draw up, none of it holds water, only thing that holds water that anyone person can take to the bank is, 699,978 hunters out of 22 hunters see very few deer in pa,that is all thats to it nothing more, where did i get those numbers from you ask, from this poll, and from the same place you guys get yours from no where land.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Lets see, who will I believe, people who have devoted their lives to wildlife management or someone who is a poor hunter and can't find a deer and who refuses to look elsewhere for them. No brainer, not the poor hunter whose anecdotal information means nothing .

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
No I don't give up, perhaps there is still a chance for the gloom and doom crowd to climb out of self serving ignorance. If they spent as much time hunting as complaining they may be able to kill a deer. If a person continues to hunt a place they are convinced has no deer, whose fault is it if they can't find a deer?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
point is johny we as hunters know we need more deer back in this state,and as for getting a deer please you are talking to a true veteren hunter, and for your so called management team, i can match them with any 10 year old boy or girl, so save it .

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Yeah, I know, you know more than the professionals. You are not talking about what you know, you are talking about what you want, big difference. It was the thinking from those in your camp that caused the drastic reduction measures to begin with.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
John now come on, you should know by now you can't use logic with these kids. Or apparently numbers either.

mdmlm said:" 699,978 hunters out of 22 hunters see very few deer in pa"
Now how can you argue with that????

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
wrong again john, as always,i have not shot a doe in 6 yrs, and my family has not also, i manage my own land not the jokers,and shooter, iam not a kid, i was born in the 60s.and yes john when it comes to my own land and the deer on it, i do in fact know 10 times what your want a be professionals do. i also understand that you guys feel hurt that the pgc left you out in the rain by your self when you stood by them all time, when in there own little way they came out and said hey, we messed up with the doe heard we will lower the doe tags.and its not becouse they want a money increase, yes they do but thats not the reason.so now your own people are saying lets try and put more deer back in some wmus where we took to many out.you guys are left in the cold.dont no where to turn cause what you have been saying all this time about theres enough deer out there . even the pgc is telling you, you boys are WRONG life is great is it not johny.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
The tone of your posts do nothing to give you credibility, in fact it does the opposite. It would serve little purpose to have any further discussion with you since you manage to be able to convolute what ever you read, including what the PGC has said. Yep life is good for me, I choose not to be locked in the dark recesses of self imposed ignorance.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Whew! the tension is so thick you can cut it with a knife. although I am going to agree with some of the statements by John, as for me I think we as "hunters and sportsmen" are our own worst enemy with sayings like "its brown it down" or "if I dont shoot a doe someone else will" and one of my favorites "I need the meat to feed my family" when was the last time anyone starved to death in this state?
just another excuse to justify an action. Face it no one but the hunters shot all the does. was it not fun shooting does back in the day? heack ya it was but was it the bed we made for ourselves,,,I think so.
The arguement can go on and on but that is just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
700varmint said:
Whew! the tension is so thick you can cut it with a knife. although I am going to agree with some of the statements by John, as for me I think we as "hunters and sportsmen" are our own worst enemy with sayings like "its brown it down" or "if I dont shoot a doe someone else will" and one of my favorites "I need the meat to feed my family" when was the last time anyone starved to death in this state?
just another excuse to justify an action. Face it no one but the hunters shot all the does. was it not fun shooting does back in the day? heack ya it was but was it the bed we made for ourselves,,,I think so.
The arguement can go on and on but that is just my 2 cents.
Who allowed us to shoot all the does? The PGC made the bed, shortsheeted us and unfortunately we laid in it.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
my last reply to this subject but in not so many words didnt you just say..... If I dont shoot does someone else will?
at least that is the meaning I got from it

Brewerys make beer but that doesnt mean I must become a alcoholic does it?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I haven't shot a doe in 10 years. What I meant was the PGC sanctioned the doe massacres of the past, we as hunters just got suckered into it.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Yep sucked in just like I have been by this thread, have you not shot a doe in 10 years because you Didnt see a doe to shoot or seen the writing on the wall and thought to yourself "Hmmm... I'm not falling for these PGC tricks?" either way I commend you. I am just making a point that you/I can complain and say what we want but in the end it was not the PGC that pulled the trigger on my rifle,,,it was me. I accept the blame.
Seriously this is my last reply. LOL

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I often could have shot doe, but saw the declining numbers and opted not to. I know we as hunters are partly to blame, but even though we pulled the trigger, the PGC allowed it to happen. Undeniable poor game managemnt descisions....oops, did I say that?

Stetam

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Stetam said:
I often could have shot doe, but saw the declining numbers and opted not to. I know we as hunters are partly to blame, but even though we pulled the trigger, the PGC allowed it to happen. Undeniable poor game managemnt descisions....oops, did I say that?

Stetam
Please explain how it's poor game management. The PGC allocated a bunch of tags so deer numbers could be reduced. Not reduced to the level that the land could support, but lower than that, so the habitat could improve. That has happened, so now they can reduce the number of tags and allow deer numbers to climb back up a little. Not back to the numbers of the past, but an increase over the past few years. What part of that is "undeniable"? Actually kinda makes sense when ya think about it; the key word there is THINK.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Quackmaster - Some fail to look at the big picture and want to stay focused on what once was and any variance is unacceptable. If they were making $30,000 a year and suddenly they made $500,000 for a year, then just as suddenly they were making $50,000 a year; they'd complain because it wasn't as good as the $500,000 a year, but ignore the fact that it's still $20,000 more than they used to make. Too many so-called hunters got spoiled during the years of overabundance and are now in denial that it was wrong.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts