The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Please the PGC will always be the bad guy no matter what they do. You can't please everyone. Course in a perfect world not treating All Pa hunters as poachers or irresponsible might help. There is too many laws on the books simply because a few might do something thus punishing the majority

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
License sales have increased the past 2 years.

Demographics suggest that license sales will continue to decrease, as they have since they peaked in the early 1980's, when we had plenty of deer.

BTW, the PGC has pretty much been hated by some since the 1920's when the first doe seasons were implemented. Funny thing was when they closed the doe seasons about 1905, hunters complained. 20 years later, hunters complained when they wanted to reopen the doe seasons.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
poll is fair, it gives 3 choices, what the numbers tell us is hunters are upset for the most part, and if you take the not a chance and maybe, add together 18 against 9, not to good if you figure in the math of 750,000 hunters.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Actually, if you add the maybe and yes together, you have 54% who think, with an increase, it can be done.

Those that say "not a chance" pretty much have dug in their heels at any suggestion the PGC can stear the right course.

Of course, what do you attribute the decrease in license sales since the mid 1980's?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
only if the maybes get the population back, then it goes back to not a chance, and license sales is do to many things , kids not seeing deer, football, baseball, parents working 2 jobs, parents watching there money, did i say hunters not seeing deer,hunters pushed to far, hunters not seeing deer .you get my point.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
The poll is ridiculous. Low deer numbers are in the eye of the beholder. This is hust one more "there are no deer post" wearig a different shirt.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
mdmlm said:
not just mine , the hunters numbers dont lie, atleast thats what you people keep telling us.
You didn't answer my question; low as opposed to what? What ARE low deer numbers, or high deer numbers for that matter? And who are "you people"?

Unless you have other information, I believe hunter numbers have declined all over the country; even those states that have "enough" deer.

I get your point, I just don't happen to agree with it.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
THATS WHY ITS A POLL YOU DONT HAVE TO AGREE, just vote see were the hunters minds are , and keep in mind as we were told many times this can be used as good judgement on the rest of the pa hunters, where all the good men and woman are at with this, i no it hurts, but what the heck its just a poll, or is it.

·
Registered
21,627 Posts
I picked the first choice because I don't think the PGC has any chance of getting a lisence increase unless they make major changes to antlerless allocations.I still agree with the deer management program however so the results of the poll have nothing to do with hunter satisfaction.

The legislators have been wanting the PGC to fold for along time.The vocal complaints of a small percentage of hunters is all the reason they need to acomplish that goal.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the numbers show that the hunters spending hunting time in there wmus know that the deer are just not there, now again if you take the percentage of this poll and afix it to 800,000 pa hunters state wide the numbers would crush the yes people, that my friends is the bottom line. love it or hate it but facts never lie.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
mdmlm said:
the numbers show that the hunters spending hunting time in there wmus know that the deer are just not there, now again if you take the percentage of this poll and afix it to 800,000 pa hunters state wide the numbers would crush the yes people, that my friends is the bottom line. love it or hate it but facts never lie.
You seem pleased with the way the poll has gone so far, so I won't burst your bubble. I'll only point out that a total spread of 6% between answers shows that nothing is crushing anything. I also don't seen any proof that ANYBODY who voted has any ability to know how many deer are in their hunting areas. I see alot of opinion, but absolutely no facts whatsoever.

For the third time; what ARE low deer numbers? How many deer do YOU think are enough?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you must understand that if the population is not aloud to come back the numbers will be 70 percent 30 percent that is a crush,also low deer numbers are what is present in alot of the state, if you need more proof, just ask the TRUE vetern hunters, that to me is much better than any of made up data that we are being handed to us. sorry but it is what it is.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
So hunting for 26 years now and I'm still not a TRUE veteran hunter? LOL.

By the way, WMI confirned that the deer harvest estimates and population estimates were statistically valid.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts