The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Here is the link to additional antlerless applications https://www.pgc.pa.gov/HuntTrap/LicensesandPermits/Documents/Antlerless Deer License Application.pdf You have to send these in the pink envelops so if you only got one you will have to go get additional ones from a store that sells licences

But here is the most important link of all...the hunting digest to get familiar with the rules and regulations
Cover You can swipe through on a phone or use the arrows on a keyboard

Staying on topic, if you send in a money order and do not get a tag (if its in a highly sought after unit) you are out that money. Dont think you can get a refund at a store from a money order. You probably wont have to worry about that in most units until you get to the second or third round of licenses
If you are not awarded a doe tag, they just rip off the front of the pink envelope and send it back to you without opening it up. Hence the other reason for the return address envelope.

·
Registered
311 Posts
How many problems would it cause if you could buy first round tags at the County Treasurers office ? Would they sell out faster ? I`ve never missed getting a doe tag but it could be simpler .

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
How many problems would it cause if you could buy first round tags at the County Treasurers office ? Would they sell out faster ? I`ve never missed getting a doe tag but it could be simpler .
Probably be a line of people around the block. Certainly not the ideal scenario during Covid times. Staff probably prefer to work on them at their own pace. Easier to go to lunch or take a bathroom break with a pile of envelopes on your desk as opposed to a line of impatient people waiting at your door. Many treasurers are located in the county courthouse, added burden on security personnel. Just trying to think from the employee perspective.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I wasn`t considering the Covid restrictions , Thinking during more " normal " times . I would actually prefer to be able to buy them online but that is another set of problems.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts