The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Not sure about FLA, but I wanted to buy one in WV and was told that I would have to have it shipped to PA in order to do the background check. Wasn't willing to go through the hassle.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
i had to pass a few years ago on a 9 mm in wv. 100 bucks, transfer and background went over 300. more than the gun was worth

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I'm not sure how it worked/works, but when I was in the ARMY, I bought a hand gun out of state, I gave the owner my driver's license(PA), and my military id for the background check, and never had a problem.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
overthehill said:
federal law states that you can only buy handguns in state of residence.
Wrong. You can buy the handgun, however it must be shipped from the FLA dealer, to a FFL in PA where you would be abe to pick it up.

·
Registered
485 Posts
semantics bite me once again. my definition of "buy" is go to the ffl that has the handgun in stock, do paperwork, pass, pay, then walk out with said firearm. that can only be done in state of residence. better??? i might be wrong but i believe that is what the questioner intended to find out was whether or not he/she could buy and take out of store with them a handgun.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, that's what I meant.

Gonna be in FLA come March and am in the market for a Taurus Judge. Thought maybe if I saw one for a good price down there, I could pick it up. But I do not want to have to buy it down there and have it shipped up here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts