The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a horton sumit crossbow. I went out to sight it in and at ten yards shot 3 arrows and they where all high by 2 feet from bullseye so i turned it down and it still shot high turned it down more and it still shot 2 feet higher. Then i figured I would try the 35 yard shot and it still shot high.I cant turn it down anymore or it will pop off.Can anyone help?

·
Administrator
28,192 Posts
Big Joe, look at it this way, if that weapon was clamped in a vise and shooting high wouldnt you want to adjust the scope up to where the bolts were hitting?

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
At 10 yards it was shooting 4 feet high??

·
Registered
144 Posts
Is it mounted correctly? At ten yards it should hit within a foot of center I would think. If you keep adjusting and point of impact isn't changing it sounds defective to me.

·
Registered
615 Posts
this may not help you but... i used to have a horton, if the dial isnt on 0 on side of stock the red dot wont bring the group down. every time i cocked the bow the yardage dial moved.one guy told me he could lock in in place,then change the red dot to a scope. with a different mount.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Yes, try moving the dial-a-range. If that doesn't work, the red dot is defective. We have had quite a few of those that were. (the dials didn't move the dot) We didn't have much luck getting them replaced under warranty, so we just order them without the red dot and use one of the Hawke red dots or scopes instead.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Secret is right-on. I have a red dot on my Horton. We have three in the family.

Get the red dot into its middle of range (not adjust full up or down) sort of half way. then use the dial knob on the side to sight it in (up/down). Then take a small machine screw about 1/2 inch long, drill a hole in the dial and thread the screw into the dial/stock, thereby locking the dial a range forever. i've done this on many Hortons, and discussed it with the president of the company. If you use a cord string cocker, it will move the dial-a range knob, almost everytime. easy fix for something you don't even need or want.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts