The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a campus of old brick buildings on the hill across from the Farm Show Complex.

Does anyone know what is housed in those buildings and what it used to be? It looks like it used to be a college and it looks like it is currently used by the State.

Thank you.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I think you are talking about the Dpt of Ag buildings which are in uae.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a sign that says "DSG Annex". That is all I could locate.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
those brick buildings were part of the state hospital (crazy hospital)but it got shut down several years ago. not sure if the buildings are vacant or not

·
Registered
52,306 Posts
Just up the road is the P.S.P HQ and PGC HQ on Elmerton Ave.across the street from each other......

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
huntfish2 said:
those brick buildings were part of the state hospital (crazy hospital)but it got shut down several years ago. not sure if the buildings are vacant or not

YEP!

A few Movies were filmed on and in the Old State Hospitals not to many years ago!

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
They should renovate those for use by the legislature. A campus type dorm / apartment complex with rooms like a mid priced motel. Add conference rooms and a cafeteria.

Mandate that legislators have a choice - the dorm or no per diem.

They could run a shuttle between the dorm and the capitol complex.

·
Registered
52,306 Posts
and apparently as mentioned it was already built for crazy people,oh no I was thinking of our Legislature.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts