The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

281 - 296 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Grays Run Hunting Club is a privately owned club with about 13,000 Acres of land. The headwaters of Grays Run stream start via a small spring at the far end of their property. The club has a portion of the spring fed stream dedicated to native brook trout. Fishing as it would have been in these streams 100's of years ago. My parents were caretakers of Grays Run from 1978 to May 1981. You are indeed correct....a wonderful place in the world.

S. M. Hill

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I have always hunted family and friends farms in Bradford Pa. Through the years my hunting partner and I have occasionally gone to a camp his uncle belonged to in Potter. When his uncle died he left my buddy his membership. I plan to buy in this year. Very nice well kept camp.
Boone Run camp

Attachments

·
Registered
25,524 Posts
Yes it is.

Hey Ron, someone was up at the Unruh camp last weekend on California Rd. First time I've seen lights on there in a long time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
New to the site here folks. Thanks for welcoming me in. Our camp's in Clearfield County on Boone Mountain. My brother and I are co-owners, and second generation members. My dad and four other men all from down along the Ohio/Pennsylvania border built this camp in the early 1950's. Dad and one of the others were carpenters, the others helped out with the build. The camp was built completely out of second hand supplies. Now here we are, 70 years later, and Camp Opa is still going. I just bought my grand daughter a Savage Model 99 chambered for .243. 'Gave it to her last year for her second birthday. My wfie's tree hugging step mother about had a coronary. When little Esther heads out the door on her first Pa. hunt, she'll be the first member of the 4th generation of our family to hunt out of our camp, and I hope there's many more. Sadly, all the original members are gone. We refer to them as The Olde Guarde, and everything we do at camp is in honor of them. I shot my first deer, a little spiker, on the second Tuesday of deer season when I was 21 years old. Dad was so proud of me. Little did I know but this would be his last hunt. He died the following spring, and I miss him tremendously to this day. Best of luck to all the campers on here. Go out this fall, hunt safe, and make some memories.

281 - 296 of 296 Posts