261 - 280 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Mine is on French Creek,Cochranton,Crawford Co...1A

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is there anyone that has camp membership openings? I have been searching for a cabin to join for a few years now, with no luck

·
Banned
11 Posts
HELLO EVERYONE,

I HAVE A VACATION RENTAL IN THE POCONOS THAT I USE FOR WINTER SKIERS, AND SUMMER GETAWAYS. I WOULD LIKE TO BOOK DEER/BEAR/TURKEY HUNTERS FOR THE SEASON ALSO!!!

THIS HOME IS LOCATED IN ALBRIGHTSVILLE, PA WHICH IS 3D. I PERSONALLY HUNT MY FAMILY'S PROPERTY THAT IS IN 4C, BUT THIS HOME IS SURROUNDED BY ALOT OF STATE GAMELAND WHICH INCLUDES HICKORY RUN STATE PARK AND BELTSVILLE WATER AUTHORITY. THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF ACRES AVAILABLE TO HUNT FROM 10 MINS TO 40 MIN DRIVE AWAY. YOU CHOOSE WHERE YOU WOULD LIKE TO GO.. IM IN PROCESS OF MAKING MAPS FOR THE HUNTERS WITH EVERY ACRE OF STATE LAND AVAILABLE FOR YOU, HOW MANY ACRES, HOW FAR OF A DRIVE AWAY, AND WHAT LICENSE YOU WOULD NEED. PLEASE DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH BEFORE YOU COME INTO THE AREA! THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF DEER INSIDE THIS DEVELOPMENT WALKING THROUGH MY OWN BACKYARD. (THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO HUNTING INSIDE THIS DEVELOPMENT) ANY OTHER QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MSG ME ON HERE BUT I PREFER EMAIL ([email protected]) OR GOING ON FLIPKEY.COM AND MSGING ME ON THERE FOR A FASTER RESPONSE..

I WILL INCLUDE THE LINK FOR YOU TO SEE THE HOME WHICH HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED AFTER A 18 MONTH RENOVATION. I WILL POST AGAIN ONCE ALL MAPS AND INFO IS TAKEN ON MY END BUT I JUST WANTED TO THROW THIS OUT THERE INCASE ANY EARLY BIRDS WANTED TO BOOK NEXT YEARS HUNTING TRIP!! THANKS..

https://www.flipkey.com/albrightsville-vacation-rentals/p941624/

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey all,

I too have a cabin in Gaines, Tioga county that I'm looking for some good renters to add to the list of people that love to go to the PA Northwoods to enjoy. I'm 4 miles north of the PA Grand Canyon, and have year round access (plowed in winter). In the 7 years since purchase, we have done a lot of work on the place, and have State Game land bordering the property. We have harvested 2 buck that just missed B/C (closest 400 yds from cabin). Lots of Turkey,bear and great fishing nearby. Also also have BOTH Snowmobiling and ATV approved for Gaines township rds.) right from property. Cabin is a salt box cape (approx. 1000 sq. ft.) with wood stove, gas heat and running water AND electric. If anyone is looking for a great affordable rental...I'm looking for some long term, good renters as I do not get up as much as I'd like, so would be glad to see someone enjoy it as well. That said, PM me if interested with email address and I'll send pics. Thanks.

Nut

·
Registered
399 Posts
Some photos of the old camp just down the road from the "new" one. The Mountain Watchers Hunting Club along Marvin Run (Purdy's property) is where I began my love of Southern Potter County and the East Fork valley. Shot a deer every year I hunted out of that camp between about 1988 and 1999. Moved to the new one 5 miles up the road in 2000. I've only shot one in Potter County since. Did a lot of work on the old camp after we arrived. Here are some before and after pics. Then some pics of the many deer we would always watch from the porch eating apples and grass on the hill around camp back in the 80s and 90s. Added a few pics of Mike and Rudy's camp next door (Camp Smoothie) which served as a landmark with its trademark brick paint scheme. And finally one of the old quonset hut up the road that is no longer there.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Pig, thanks for photos. Brings back great memories of younger days. I've always thought the East fork and 1st fork valley were the top two most scenic places in potter.

Many times I have rode my bike from the willows (or now the new wildlife center @ SinnSP) up to Wharton, then up east fork to cherry springs, across 44 into coudy then to my place near Hebron. The ride up East Fork was just phenominal.

·
Registered
213 Posts
This is a very old post, but you pass our camp along East Fork if you take this route! Heading up in 3 weeks (from Georgia!) to muzzleloader/archery hunt. My family is there on a regular basis from spring to late fall. We are just past the entrance to the East Fork Sports. Club. I can't wait to get there. it's been since last in-line season since I was there.

261 - 280 of 296 Posts