The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking for a good place in the Poconos where the family and I can go camping over the 4th of July weekend. Looking for a place that is family friendly as I have 3 kids. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Check out Promised Land State Park, Tobyhanna S.P., or Hickory Run S.P. on the DCNR website. All nice areas with lots to do if you like the outdoors.

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
This place is just up the road from me. The original Family that owned it sold it last year I think. Only thing is they do not allow firearms in the campground...

http://www.peacefulwoodlands.com/

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
mtnboy said:
Check out Promised Land State Park, Tobyhanna S.P., or Hickory Run S.P. on the DCNR website. All nice areas with lots to do if you like the outdoors.
I've camped at Hickory Run SP and Promised Land and both were nice.

And camping at Ricketts Glenn SP was good too.

If you've never seen the waterfalls at Ricketts Glen, it's a must do. My parents took us kids there when we were young, and it's something I still remember fondly now, about 50 years later.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Ricketts Glen is a fantastic place to see. The loop that goes past every waterfall is easily my favorite hike in PA.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Family friendly but geared towards campers not tents is Otter Lake campground just north of Marshalls Creek. The lake [formerly Ivan Swamp] is stocked. Pricy and busy. Used to be we only saw campers in season but now it seems to be active 9 - 10 months our of the year judging by the stream of towed campers and self-contained RVs passing my cabin every Fri, Sat & Sunday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts