The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and I were trying to find a place we could do some basic camping out as well as hunt. We usually hunt private land and have no issues carrying our gear a couple miles to where we want to set up. We are both in the Army so we are used to walking with weight. We are trying to plan a trip next year were we could stay out in the deeper area of public land where fewer hunters go. If anyone knows of any area it would be a great help thanks.

·
Registered
24,867 Posts
Had some wonderful times in the Adirondaks, not overloaded with hunters or deer...but it depends on what you are looking for in terms of a successful hunt.

·
Registered
301 Posts
So no permits or anything needed for ANF. Just park, hike and camp/hunt? Ive wanted to do that but thought their maybe some type of permitting involved.

·
Registered
177 Posts
As far as I know no permit needed. Spots the forest service doesn't want camping should have a sign. I have only seen those along the river below ridgway. Check with the marienville ranger station they can tell you everything you need to know including recently timber areas and spots to try. They used to print a map for hunters with these areas marked but I'm not sure if they do anymore.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Dispersed camping is permitted in most areas of the ANF except: on the shores and within 1500 feet inland of the timberline around the Allegheny Reservoir and Tionesta reservoir (except designated camgrounds), Jakes Rocks, Rimrock, within 1500 feet either side of the the center line of Allegheny Reservoir Scenic Drive, On the main access roads to Jakes Rocks, Rimrock, within either side of the main channel of Kinzua Creek from Red Bridge upstream to Mead Run and Hearts Content Scenic Area or Tionesta Research Natural Area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts