The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading all of the post about times gone by, and I agree hunting is not what it once was. But I have never had a camp or been a member of one, and have spent most of my hunting life hunting public grounds, I was lucky enough to live in Montana for the last 10 years, moved back for family reasons. I spent the last season hunting Game lands 42, and never saw a deer. So for me to go to a camp, and enjoy the camp atmosphere, meet some new friends would be great. So if anyone has a camp that needs some new blood, and some work help I am willing to earn my keep.
My kids are now grown, and wife loves to shop, so I am looking for some new hunting and fishing adventures, and to be part of a camp, and maybe make it more fun I am in!

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
Join us on our flintlock hunt. IMO that would be a great opportunity to meet guys and see a really good affordable area for camp that has a lot to offer.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I to am looking for a place for my son and myself to hunt. I want him to experince going to camp and being part of a group and how the gruops sucess matters more than your own.Would like to be part of the group and am willing to work and help in any way. I also have access to 700 to a 1000 acres in 2b in butler county to hunt of that I control 171 acres . One other thing my son is a special needs child he is an excellant hunter who has harvested 5 bucks out of his 7 years of hunting and is an excellant sportsmen and an even better person. any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy holidays and be safe

·
6,466 Posts
TATERDAVID said:
Join us on our flintlock hunt. IMO that would be a great opportunity to meet guys and see a really good affordable area for camp that has a lot to offer.
good idea tater I met several good guys last year at this hunt made some friends....... even though I don't deer hunt from my camp much any of these guys are welcome anytime I go.

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
If this looks like fun to you first off call you DR. You need help. I will warn you no cure is as fun as hanging with this crew in January

·
6,466 Posts
Squeaks said:
Looks like the muzzleloader crew eats well too or it was super cold when the picture was taken.
Ha Ha!!!
AS A MATTER OF FACT IT WAS VERY COLD!!

·
Banned
618 Posts
As a young man at 12 years of age my father purchased a Camp in Oil City we went to camp from that time on every weekend from the start of trout season to the end of doe season. It was GREAT times! We would even take vacations in the summer up there. His friends all had kids in and round my age and we would hunt, fish, trap, ride A.T.V’s, swim at the river we did it all. Man those were great times. Now days my son (Tanner) is 12, I cannot find anyone with an interest in getting together to hunt or even to simply spend time at camp more than a 2/3 weekend a year. Parents/kids theses day simply do not have an interest in going to camp and with the low deer numbers everyone hunts around home.

With that being said, I’m 39, I live in Butler County, my camp is about an hour north of the Clearview Mall. It is a basic camp, it has running water, shower/toilet, the basics. I’ve been remodeling it for the past 4 years, one room at a time. It has 7 beds and two couches. I have absolutely no interest in letting someone buy into my camp. But I have a great interest in meeting some people that have an interest in going to camp. If you have young hunter in or around my sons age that would be a bonus but not a necessity.

If you have an interest and live in or around the Butler area I would love to meet up grab a bite to eat and see if our interests are compatible. I’m not looking to take your money; if you’re handy some help around camp from time to time would be nice but, not a necessity.

TATERDAVID, my new found friend! I LOVE second season, I have one buddy that will hunt with me from time to time. If you have a group that gets together to hunt around here and you are looking for another please let me know. I’m on vacation from Dec. 15th – Jan 2nd I go back on the second. I may head up to camp on the 26th for a few days to run some beaver traps and I may put in a couple K-9 or cats set while I’m there. Other than that I’m free, if we have good ice I’ll fish as well.

I do not spend a great deal of time online but if this sound like it is up your alley shoot me a PM. I’m not trying to sound cross, the reason I say I have no interest in letting someone buying into camp is because I have no idea who you are and to be honest today you just never know. But there is an interest in meeting new people that share a common interest.

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
Snapper. I am gonna be mostly hunting grouse this late season with exception of the flintlock hunt on the 12 th. maybe we could do some ice fishing or even hit the lake in springtime. I am always up for a fishing trip.

·
Banned
618 Posts
Not a problem, I mainly crappie fish during ice season we can hook up then if you would like. If you do not have the gear I have plenty. When I fish locally, I hit the EARLY bite then head home when the crowds pick up. When I travel I’ll fish all day. I also have a basstracker let me know what you’re interested in catching and we can hit the open water as well. Do not be shy shoot me a PM when you have some free time and we can go from there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts