The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think it's time to get a sign made for camp and was wondering where you guys had yours made. I have one in mind but I don't know if he even does stuff like that.

·
Registered
25,594 Posts
I have a weathered wooden sign next to the door at our camp. Came from an old boy's gun shop entrance where it hung for many years prior to his death some years ago.

Removed it after the last of several auctions at the shop. The auctioneer took exception to my claiming it, but the shop owner's son told him it was okay and I was the obvious choice to "inherit" his dad's sign.

Sign says " A cranky old b***ard lives here". Looks good next to the back door at camp, so I've been told?

·
Registered
152 Posts
What type of sign are you looking for and how big of a piece of wood? I do some side work with a CNC machine. Let me know what kind of sign dimension you want and out of what type of wood, etc. I have too many fonts to list and can make up a model for you. you or I can then Paint or stain/poly it. Message me and maybe we can work something out. Where are you or your camp located?

ski

·
Registered
669 Posts
Guy in Honey Grove makes some real nice metal signs on CNC machine. He was at East Waterford Heritage Days and will be at Blains Heritage days come fall. Really reasonable and can make it to your specifications. Our addition is called the "Bears Den" since my father snores so loud.....his birthday gift is going to be a sign from there! Can't wait to see it!

·
Registered
116 Posts
There was a fair at Forksville and a guy was carving signs. I watched for a while and it took him about 30 minutes to carve using a router. I approached the cashier who was his wife and placed my order(no $$$ displayed). I guessed maybe $100 bucks. I was floored $525. Just walked away!

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
I actually got our sign made at knoebles amusement park when I took the kids there one time. There is a guy there that does it, he's towards the back of the park, the sign is on a log cabin cut out piece of wood it was $25 with the camp name engraved, edges burnt, and polyed. It's only a foot high by 20" long but for the money I couldn't pass it up.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rrroae said:
My niece and her boyfriend in Va make custom wood signs. 24"x15" burnt engravings with anything you want and coated 4-5 times for $50 + actual shipping.

They also do custom corn hole boards engraved with anything you want along with multiple protecting coatings for $200.

https://www.facebook.com/customdesignsbydandm/
Those are nice. I think I'm gonna have to get them to make me a corn hole board with the camp name on it before next summer. Thanks rrroae

1 - 14 of 14 Posts