The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Looking for a shed for camp, if anyone has one they want tore down or if anyone knows where you can get one down around there please PM me and let me know, we are in dire need of one!
Thanks

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
The place in Kane is "The Shed Guy." Located across from the high school at the intersection of Rte 6 and 321. He does great work and has a website. check it out.

·
Registered
20,415 Posts
Probably be easier to just build one. I know from seeing your place that your crew knows a good bit about construction. You guys could probably whip one up in a weekend and it would end up being nicer than my house.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
A friend of mine who's camo is down the road from mine had one built in smicksburg and delivered. Think he told me that was the best option for him. We r about 8 miles south of marienville so I don't think it would add much to the delivery cost. Yea got to have a shed and the bigger the better it seems.

·
Registered
20,415 Posts
We actually built a wooden platform here at home and one weekend went up and set posts, and the next took the platform up and one of those plastic kit sheds that I also purchased around home. It took two pickups and a small trailer to get it all up there in one trip, but since we'd preset posts and preassembled the platform, the whole thing went up in a day. Super easy.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
kudu58 said:
The place in Kane is "The Shed Guy." Located across from the high school at the intersection of Rte 6 and 321. He does great work and has a website. check it out.
Hate to disagree but I will...had this fellow down to my place and was very uncomfortable with him....went with an Amishman who put together what I wanted for $1,000 less....afterwards talked with some folks around Kane....I made the right decision....

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I needed a non-standard bldg. I finally abandoned using him after several unreturned messages....Took me 3 weeks for him to return my deposit....I stopped payment as a precaution...

Nice enough guy but lousy businessman....working directly with the Amish builder worked well for me....I would highly recommend him to anyone...he's just outside Sugar Grove...finished product comes with 2 coats of stain, among other things....no surprises....

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
winchesterbob said:
I needed a non-standard bldg. I finally abandoned using him after several unreturned messages....Took me 3 weeks for him to return my deposit....I stopped payment as a precaution...

Nice enough guy but lousy businessman....working directly with the Amish builder worked well for me....I would highly recommend him to anyone...he's just outside Sugar Grove...finished product comes with 2 coats of stain, among other things....no surprises....
i know him too, met him or his kid after we already had one. Likely go there if i need another...trouble with Amish is that you pretty much have to pull into their driveway to talk to them.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Eliminating the middle man (The Shed Guy, in this case) was well worth the trip to the Amishman....

You'll like this young man's work if you decide to use him....and his price/quality cannot be beat...

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
winchesterbob said:

My camp is right near his place. If you've heard negative about him personally, that's the first that I've heard.
I have heard that his business may be getting a little large for what he can effectivle handle. But still, he does nice work, and I think his prices are extremely reasonable.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
That is a good point Kudu,when I went out to get my outhouse a couple years ago he was appreciative of that cause he had so many deliveries to make. Company growth is fantastic if you have a plan for that growth, if you don't customer service time can be overwhelmed, and then it looks shabby eventhough customers are buying the heck out of your product.

Anyway he was great to work with when I used him, and he took CCs so i could get points on my big purchase
which got us some ladder stands.

With the Amish in most cases you need to use a middle man for delivery unless they build on site.

With all big purchases choose wisely and follow your gut on the deal.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I'm relating my first-hand experience with him, not third party opinions....getting to point B from point A with him was quite the ordeal....had I just bought what he had available would have been a piece of cake....The Shed Guy <span style="font-weight: bold">is</span> the middle man. He does not build them; the Amish do and he sells/delivers them....

Shed Guy Sr. was just diagnosed with cancer and their business is adjusting to changes resulting from that...they are good people just didn't fit well for what I needed....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts