The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to buy a camp an come up with a name for it
Camp "Beats-a-Tent" what are some names you guys would name your camps?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Pick a name that has some significance to you...we couldn't think of a good name for ours until last fall when Dad (who always wanted a camp but could never afford one) finally got to visit our new camp. Though we only spent one day and one night, it was a fantastic and memorable time for all of us. We were so glad we made that trip because Dad got sick and passed away just a month later. We all decided that our camp would forever be known as "Camp Big Red"...that being the nick name of the big red headded Irishman that we all miss so much.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
RidgwayCamper said:
... We all decided that our camp would forever be known as "Camp Big Red"...that being the nick name of the big red headded Irishman that we all miss so much.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Camp Warm n' Dry and Camp Welcome are two of my favorites!

Terry

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
You've come to the wrong place for ideas. These guys are the least imaginative people I have ever met. Can't even come up with a simple name for a camp.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Try to put something personal in the name if you can. Most of the old time camp names came from an event or something special with the members. I've seen and been around alot of them, but a few stand out. I've been to camp "He's not Here", "No Dam Deer", " Camp Limburger", etc. I swiped the name of one of mine from one I visited years ago " Loggers Lodge". Make it something special to you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Camp-Beats-A-Tent sounds like a pretty good one to me, sometimes the first one that comes to mind is the best. It usually has some meaning to you.

Chuck

1 - 20 of 40 Posts