The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is on the menu at your camp? do you have same traditionary meals every year?

·
Super Moderator
4,388 Posts
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Seafood smorgesborg on Sat. nite..

King crab legs, crab cakes, steamed shrimp, fried shrimp, fried oysters, clams, & cream of crab soup...

This year, I'm adding a slooooooow cooked prime rib....</span>

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
I would love to attend that meal.

I am a seafood junkie

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
We eatlike kings at camp..........Saturday it will Beef on Wick during the day for lunch, and snacks, as well as a few deep fried turkeys.....Saturday night we have prime rib, and baked potatoes

Sunday we have Beef on Wick again during the day, and then we will have shrimp, crab legs, and seafood bisque for supper.....

The other days we just make some small meals, and or run to town and pick up some wings and a pizza....

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Can't get beef on wick around here. Ask for it and they just look at you???? Can't find the right salted buns anywhere! Have to get some when we visit the inlaws in jamestown.(ny)

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Pork and Sauerkraut, liver and onions, lasagna, stuffed pork chops, veg. venison soup, meatloaf, salmon cakes, etc...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sat,Sun it's deer sausage, steaks ,ribs on the grill.Monday we load the crock pot with roast,potatos,carrots ect. ready to eat when we walk in the door.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sat. baked ham, roasted potatoes, green beans
Sun. Lamb roast, buttered noodles, asparagus
Mon. Steak, (hopefully deer tenderloins), baked potatoes, baked corn
Tues. stuffed peppers
All meals, bread salad, and desert
Wed. Vince's Tavern

Lunches, soups, stews, & chili if you come in, or lunch meats if your staying out

Breakfast
Sun. Eggs,bacon, sausage, home fries , pancakes, toast
Every other day, what ever you want as long as you make it.

Chuck

·
Registered
337 Posts
Saturday night: picky food. Shrimp, pepper poppers, smoked amberjack, venison summer sausage, bear landjager.

Sunday Night: Chicken Salt m bocca (sp?)

Monday Night: Bear roasts in the crock pot

Tuesday Night: Prime rib

Wednesday: hotdogs from the Pump 'n Pantry

·
Registered
193 Posts
Beef brisket, shrimp scampi, ny strip steaks, lasagna, venison pot roast, and one night out to eat. That's our menu for this year.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
That seafood smorgasbord sounds awesome. Sunday-chicken thighs and spaghetti, monday- ny strip steaks, Tuesday- roast, potatoes, and carrots, wed- chili, thurs- pork and sauerkraut, Friday- grilled chicken and homemade mac n cheese, sat- pot luck.

·
Super Moderator
4,388 Posts
Joey Fudala Jr. said:
That seafood smorgasbord sounds awesome. Sunday-chicken thighs and spaghetti, monday- ny strip steaks, Tuesday- roast, potatoes, and carrots, wed- chili, thurs- pork and sauerkraut, Friday- grilled chicken and homemade mac n cheese, sat- pot luck.
Looks like you folks eat pretty well...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think that this year at the Brownlee's Bunch will be the normal Potter County 2-2-2 which is two scrapple,two sausage and two bacon. Two eggs,toast and homefries.
Lunch is usually in the field with a packed lunchmeat sandwich. Friday-Cheeseburgers and Fries,Saturday-Steak at a resturant (Costello Inn) Sunday-Meatballs,Sausage and Spighetti, Monday Pork and Sauerkraut,Mashed tatters,Tuesday-Meatloaf,Baked Tatter and two veggies,Wednesday- Ham,baked tatter and two veggies,Thursday-Baked Chicken,Rice and two veggies,Friday-Fish and tatter totts,Saturday-LEFTOVERS
WASHING IT ALL DOWN WITH PLENTY OF ALCOHOLIC REFRESHMENTS !

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
OHIOFLATLANDER said:
Can't get beef on wick around here. Ask for it and they just look at you???? Can't find the right salted buns anywhere! Have to get some when we visit the inlaws in jamestown.(ny)
I have to make my buns.........my grandad lived up around buffalo, and he used to bring them down, but now I make them, I dont know of anywhere to get them local here

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
hunt4ever said:
what is on the menu at your camp? do you have same traditionary meals every year?
I know many of you have seen this pic before but it is one of my all time favorites, the Victory Dinner (requires the successful harvest of a whitetail).

·
Registered
201 Posts
Lugnut said:
hunt4ever said:
I know many of you have seen this pic before but it is one of my all time favorites, the Victory Dinner (requires the successful harvest of a whitetail).

Every time i see this picture it makes me hungry!!! It sure does look good

1 - 20 of 33 Posts