The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I am looking for a reputable insurance company for my state cabin. Who have you guys worked with? My current insurance would not cover the cabin and it seems they have become extremely cautious to the point they will not even consider insuring anyplace that is not on a publicly maintained roadway. I know I've seen posts on here before about this topic. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have used Farmers Mutual Fire Insurance Co. of Marble, PA
for many years to insure my cabin in Forest County.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am in Forest Co. along the Clarion river. I also had problems getting insurance. Try this lady, she is just outside of Brookville, Pa. She got me ins. with no problems. Karen Nosker Insurance Agency, 814-328-2203

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I use the same agent that insures my home here in Wash Co. I have State Farm, and they listed it as a seasonal dwelling. Premiums are a bit higher than my liking, but the fact that there isn't a fire truck within 20 miles plays into that. See if your homeowners will add it to your policy.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys. I will contact the above mentioned people. I have Allstate Insurance. They insure two vehicles, 1 motorcycle, 1 permanent residence and 1 rental residence and they would not add the camp as a seasonal residence to the policy. The camp is also less than 500 yards to a maintained roadway and is within 10 miles to the closest fire company and they still refused to insure it. They camp is completely new. I gutted it and rebuilt everything including all new electrical. Things have definitely changed.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
brokentine, you have a PM

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
My camp is a mobile home in forest county, Aegis is my insurance. The sarvey company in marienville hooked me up with them. but if the place is a cabin you can put a rider on your homeowners.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
State Farm is mine, and they cover theft, which no other company would do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts