The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HPA approved.

Camp for sale Dubois, 62 acres, ogms - $175k

Bought this camp this past October as an investment. Camp has 62 acres with a block camp professionally built in 2003. My interest was mainly the oil and gas rights. Particularly if they drill a Marcellus or Utica well. Timber was cut pretty good a few years back. Probably another 10 - 15 years before you can have another cut. There is an older shallow gas well on the property that gives 300,000 cuft to the cabin per year and the royalties currently cover the taxes and insurance. Water is a gravity spring. The cabin is maintenance free with Shouldice Stone. There is a small pavilion with electricity and a newer shed. Minutes from I-80 and the Dubois regional airport.

I currently have this listed with a realtor and the listing ends in a couple weeks. When it does, I will sell it for $175,000 which is exactly what I paid for it. I will also consider renting it out for $750 month which includes the free gas. The only utility bill will be electric.

Address is:

177 Horm Run
Reynoldsville, PA 15851

Overlooks a nice little pond.

Probably my favorite part.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some additional pics.

Bathroom.

Bedroom.

Extra cots.

Pavillion.

Shed. Riding mower inside(can't remember brand but it looked pretty nice).

Overflow at end of pond.

View of pond coming in the driveway.

Looking up to cabin.

Utility room.

Interior.

·
4,230 Posts
This is a nice looking place. Solid price too. If I weren't in the middle of a remodel of my own home I would consider this for a permanent residence.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Place is under contract.

Somewhat surprised there was no interest from anyone here. The buyer is in the oil and gas business and knew what was underneath the ground.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
That is a surprise. looked like a sweet deal to me. Of course, sweet deal or not, thats a lotta dough for many folks for a camp. Glad to hear you found a buyer!

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
I wish some of these nicer camps were closer to central PA. preferably NCPA....I see one occasionally that appeals tome and its too far for me to travel...... 4 hrs is plenty far enough

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
rrroae said:
Somewhat surprised there was no interest from anyone here.
There was interest on here.You said a couple weeks for that price because of the realtors listing.They did well for you since it's sold.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Very very nice place for a home for the price not a camp in my mine, unless you get alot of hunters to chip in,or one with wealth.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah that place was pricey but the way I figured it when I bought it, it was a better place to invest my money than the stock market. I trust tangible assets.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts