The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on quality camo that won’t break the bank. I had scentlok for the last 4 years and the pants and jacket are pretty wore out. Never bought scentlok for scent elimination purposes, just like the quality. Wasn’t real impressed with it the last time around. After one season the pants and jacket were pretty tore up and the zipper broke on the jacket.
I don’t buy camo to look pretty. I just want something that is durable and a good pattern to hide me in a tree. I also cover a lot of ground and go through thick cover so I needed something that can withstand thorns and getting snagged on branches.
I like to buy lightweight camo so I can wear it in all weather conditions. When it’s cold out I just layer up underneath.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Natural Gear is worth a look for the price.

Reactions: steelhead125

·
Registered
680 Posts
Anyone have any experience with Predator Camouflage?
Yes I bought a lined fleece predator camo outfit probably 4 seasons ago and it is the best outfit for bow hunting I ever had.
Had the scentblocker pro xt fleece outfit for years til I wore it out. Still wear the jacket scouting and stuff pants a gone.
I like the bigger pattern and break up with the predator camo it has worked well for me. The quality is great. I know they changed it some since the last time I bought.

·
Registered
9,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jeans and a grey sweatshirt works for me...
I have a lot of pictures of myself from the mid 80’s with hero shots of small game . In most of the pictures I am wearing blue jeans and a grey sweatshirt. In one of them I am holding a big ringneck with a Dukes of Hazard sweatshirt on. No desire to be sitting in a tree all day wearing a outfit like that now . Especially on those cold November days. I prefer to have something water repellent, wind resistant, pockets and something that will actually break up my outline instead of looking like a big blob sitting in a tree. Cool that some of you guys are still getting it done with traditional attire though. These days I prefer comfort.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I been looking into the predator fall grey the G2 whitetail series pants and jacket for archery season. I don't see anything on there site thats lightweight for archery season. 1/4 zipper shirt without pockets, i like front pockets and the 7oz and 10oz weight pants but there not windproof or waterproof. On there site they have sales going on now, good prices for the 10oz pants and the 1/4 zip shirt. Not what I looking for for early archery season.
I wore mossy oak brand for many years, held up for many years. To many mornings I remember the rains came i was soaked in a hurry and the wind gave me the chills wearing the cheap price clothing. I was uncomfortable and did not want to leave the woods, but I did many times cause it went from being excited being out on the stand too disappointment, thats a bad feeling puts me in a sad and bad mood, ---- mother nature. Now I like to be comfortable sit in the light rain and and the wind.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I have a lot of pictures of myself from the mid 80’s with hero shots of small game . In most of the pictures I am wearing blue jeans and a grey sweatshirt. In one of them I am holding a big ringneck with a Dukes of Hazard sweatshirt on. No desire to be sitting in a tree all day wearing a outfit like that now . Especially on those cold November days. I prefer to have something water repellent, wind resistant, pockets and something that will actually break up my outline instead of looking like a big blob sitting in a tree. Cool that some of you guys are still getting it done with traditional attire though. These days I prefer comfort.
When it's cold you double up on everything.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I have the newer style predator camo. I can't recall the style name, but it's really nice. It's more of an athletic style cut and tends to fit a little snugger to the body. It repels water well and is really warm. I still layer up good underneath during cold rut hunts. I'd rate it right up there with some of the higher end stuff.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
It's the high plains jacket and pants I have. I just checked. Really nice stuff! Even has zippers under the armpits and in the legs to cool you down if you heat up walking.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Anyone have any experience with Predator Camouflage?
Its really good camo,especially the fall gray for tree stand hunting when leaves fall. Best pattern ive found for archery i wear it early season also and it works well. Ive had deer pick me and bob and settle in a minute,seems you can get away with more with this camo. I ve been wearing it for the past 10 yrs or so and really like it. I need to get some for spring turkey one of these days.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
By a cotton material suit it will hold up better to jagger bushes maybe Walls. All I wear is scentlok and never had a suit rip or wear. I don't walk through briers and jagger bushes just to the stand. JMO

1 - 20 of 25 Posts