The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
40 plus years of hunting and lots of dead animals I really don’t think the animals noticed the difference! Have been wearing predator camo the last several years. Only because I like the outfit not the camo pattern.
I wouldn’t pick a hunting outfit based on the camo pattern cause I don’t think it makes a difference. Fit and function would be my first priority. Then pick a pattern I like that comes in the outfit I like. If there is only one pattern choice well so be it

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I look for camo on sale so I have all kinds of random patterns for different pieces. I never match and don’t have any preference for pattern and I really don’t think it makes a difference.

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
I also think the camo pattern is not very important and deer never see me in a tree. I go pretty high and stay out of their line of sight. I do think the lighter color camo does make you stand out more though, usually the tree trunk or hillside behind you is your background. Have someone take a picture of you standing against a tree in a stand at 30 yards and some kind mossy oak, real tree, or tree bark blends in the best for turkey and deer. I have mixture of about every camo on the market and my main concern is it's comfortable, wind proof, and warm enough for conditions.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I've killed a bunch of deer, and watched deer walking around under me, while wearing mil. surplus BDUs, in woodland camo. I never match either. Have all kinds and brands of camo.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts