The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Doesn't look much different than US woodland pattern. Sad thing is, no doubt a fair amount of money was spent to develop the Space Force pattern when a very similar pattern already existed. Oh well, just tax dollars. Not like you or I paid anything.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Hey Flintlock - Mossy Oak is make apparel in the original Treestand pattern, check out their store:

https://store.mossyoak.com/camo-patterns/vintage-patterns
Thank you! When I first met my wife she wanted to try deer hunting with me. I bought her an outfit in Mossy Oak Treestand, helped her into a hang-on stand, and promptly found out just how effective that camo is. I knew where she was, but she blended in so well it was an effort to pick her out!

Great stuff!:smile2:

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I’m a fan of UA ridge reaper patterns. I run with the forest pattern during early season and once the leaves fall switch to the barren.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nat Gear is super nice fleece. Very dense and warm bibs and jackets. That said, my stuff is a mix of 50 years of hunting...... and none of it matches, but (sitting still) makes it work. Jim Crumley's Treebark was probably my favorite for bow hunting for many years. We used to go to the Harrisburg show just to buy it from Jim........!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Since you don't start hunting till November 1st, what do you recommend for us regular saps that start hunting when leaves are still on the trees, lol? :smile_big:
White. Always wear white when more than 8' off the ground. Foliage color is irrelevant.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Since you don't start hunting till November 1st, what do you recommend for us regular saps that start hunting when leaves are still on the trees, lol?
White. Always wear white when more than 8' off the ground. Foliage color is irrelevant.
I’d worry less about deer spotting me than people wearing white . No way you could wear white around Pittsburgh and not be seen. Then you have to worry about stealing your crap or your spot at the least.

I prefer predator camo but not the best for options. I also like MO tree stand. Just wear whatever is cheapest or whatever works best for the most part. Just stay away from the MO break up. Stuff literally turns in black blob from a distance

·
Registered
609 Posts
Ill probably get crap for this But IMO camo patterns are for us and not the game we hunt as long as you break up your out line it doesnt matter if your in a bare tree out in the open they will see you know matter what you wear, and if you have some things in your back drop branches, leaves and sit still youll be ok

21 - 40 of 53 Posts