The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Camo Dipping

11K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  huntmaster17025 
#1 ·
I am teaching myself to do Hydrographics..camo dipping...wanted to share a couple things I've got done so far! After Flintlock season was over I decided to camo my T/C Firestorm:

My Coyote skull:

A deer skull:

And some deer horn plaques:

Being without a job right now I have ALOT of time on my hands and this keeps me busy! Not sure what else I might dip. The possibilities are endless!
Just wanted to share this with everyone! Not an easy thing to do but a good DIY project that anyone can do with a little time and practice!

See less See more
#14 ·
When you dip do you apply a clear coat to help protect it? Also how durable is the finish..Instead of sending my stuff to Tarjac for a month..I might be interested in sending my stuff to you, if you wouldnt mind. LOL

#16 ·
HuntMaster, I looked at those do it yourself kits for around $100. I like those plaques you did for antlers. My first question is how many plaques would 1 of those kits do? If you do a dipping process with a kit, can you walk away from it and come back and do more dipping with the same kit in a time period of like a month or 2?
I am impressed that you were able to do a larger item like that stock with a do it yourself home kit.

#24 ·
huntmaster17025 said:
I am teaching myself to do Hydrographics..camo dipping...wanted to share a couple things I've got done so far! After Flintlock season was over I decided to camo my T/C Firestorm:

My Coyote skull:
Where did you buy your bulk supplies from?

A deer skull:

And some deer horn plaques:

Being without a job right now I have ALOT of time on my hands and this keeps me busy! Not sure what else I might dip. The possibilities are endless!
Just wanted to share this with everyone! Not an easy thing to do but a good DIY project that anyone can do with a little time and practice!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.