The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting this for rd22 whose son Cameron killed this buck. Some of you might remember Cameron from the HPA pheasant hunt. He will have to give you the details.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Thankx for postin for me!! We hunted Grove City area on opening day. Saw a bunch of doe all day but no buck. We headed home monday evening. Cameron went off to school on Tues. I was scheduled off and planned on hunting solo. After waking up and getting some chores done around the house I decided to pull Cameron from school for an afternoon hunt(rewards for good grades). We got into a stand around 2:30. Cameron decided to take a "power nap". About 45 minutes later, i seen a few doe enter the field we were overlooking. i woke Cameron up and he immedietely put on his game face.. Another doe entered the field, followed by the the Buck. Cameron got on it with the 243. I bleated and it stopped broadside. I told him to take the shot when he was comfortable. he shot and I seen it was a good hit. The deer ran towards the creek. we got out of the stand and followed up. Cameron found blood and we followed. The deer was laid up 60 yards away from where he shot. Shot was perfectly placed. Cameron has been hunting hard the last 2 seasons and it is paying off. Good Luck to all this season...

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Sorry, should mentioned that Camerons 1st buck was last year, a 4 point, when he was still a mentored youth. 2 bucks in 1st 2 seasons.. Not bad considering dad didnt get his 1st buck until he was 20 years old!!!.lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts