The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i know some of u film.your hunts and i was wondering what a good camera would be on the cheaper side i looked threw campbell cameras but i cant see spending that muvh when i just wanna mess around..do any of you guys have any suggestions on a good camera to start with

·
Registered
417 Posts
Im not sure what you are looking for, but i have used one for sale in the general classified forum. If you are intereseted PM me.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I like my Sony SR-11 and SR-12. They are small hard drive cameras that are easy to use and film in 1080. Picked my SR-11 up used for $500, and after putting it in the river this year and thinking it was toast I picked up a warrantied SR-12 for even less. A month in rice and surprisingly the SR-11 still works, I'm keeping it for filming in iffy conditions.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I've used Canon for several years now and have no complaints. I recently passed down my ZR500 to my little brother and replaced it with a Vixia HF R30. The color is accurate and the HD looks good. It has built-in memory, which is nice for a backup if you fill the SD card. Image stabilization is a above average and it has a few other editing bells and whistles built in, should you choose to use them. With a 32gb card and an extra battery, I have about $700 in it total.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Kinda strange you posted this man, because I have been researching all kinds of cameras for next years archery season. I like that GoPro a lot, but there isnt a zoom feature (I wouldnt expect grest footage of anything 30 yards and out), and you cant really see where exactly you are filming. But its full HD, water-proof, hands-free and can record a pretty good amount on a single charge and you can use video editing software to zoom a little closer. I found a few different handhelds standard or high def on ebay fairly cheap, now just gotta make sure I can put a attachment on so it can mount to a branch, because 99% of the time ill be flying solo. Im probably gonna buy both, a handheld for better zoom and footage but the GoPro to ensure I get the shot. Let me know what you come up with.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
KravenTheHunter said:
Kinda strange you posted this man, because I have been researching all kinds of cameras for next years archery season. I like that GoPro a lot, but there isnt a zoom feature (I wouldnt expect grest footage of anything 30 yards and out), and you cant really see where exactly you are filming. But its full HD, water-proof, hands-free and can record a pretty good amount on a single charge and you can use video editing software to zoom a little closer. I found a few different handhelds standard or high def on ebay fairly cheap, now just gotta make sure I can put a attachment on so it can mount to a branch, because 99% of the time ill be flying solo. Im probably gonna buy both, a handheld for better zoom and footage but the GoPro to ensure I get the shot. Let me know what you come up with.
Look at the Drift HD. Its a great Point of View Camera. I own two of them. I feel that they have better quality and they also come with a remote instead of buying it extra.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts