The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my archery target is on hold until the guy from the carpet store calls me so I decided to make a mount for my bow so I can attempt to film my own hunts. I started with looking around the garage for a piece of light metal that I would be able to manipulate into the shape I want it to be. I found and old scrape piece of angle iron with already pre-drilled holes and very light weight. I decided I would use this piece of angle iron and my brain began to think away.
I remember the small tripod I have for my spotting scope and the screw in piece fits not only my spotting scope but also my digital camera. So I have the metal, mounting piece and the camera, next step is to cut the angle iron.
First thing I did was get my measurements and then 1/2 the angle iron down the middle. The next step was to cut and grind down the piece of metal, file down the edges and bend the metal. The project probably took 45 minutes, i'm sure I will be able to make another one in the same amount of time.
I plan on taking some videos of me shooting later when I get home from work and I will upload videos.......

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I made something similar for the crossbow and slug gun. problem is that the rcoil and the string snap caused the camera to either turn off or the impact shot to be so blurry you could not see it. My buddy did the same type mount for his vertical bow and it was better but the video was messed up at the release from vibration. This was with a regular digital camera, the video cameras that are made for mounting have built in anti vibration something or other in them, haven't tried with the slug gun tho. Hope it works for you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts