The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put together the homemade e-caller on Varmint Al's website last week and went out for my first coyote hunt on Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately after about 30 minutes of calling, my ipod that had all my MP3s died. It was nearly fully charged when I started but it ran out of juice really quickly. It was cold and I just had the ipod sitting beside me. Has anyone else had this type of experience? I can't imagine that it was using any extra power for some reason due to the setup, but maybe there is something that I missed. Maybe next time I need to keep it in a pocket with a hand warmer or something. I hope to go out again Friday night so I need to have something hopefully figured out by then.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I used my ipod tounch with that same caller, the battery lasted a very long time. But yea the cold will drain them much faster... Inever experienced that with mine in the cold. you might try getting something off amazon for cheap that runs on aa, they will last longer in the cold and if you ruin it in water ect it wont matter as much. I would check into the sound quality first I have never bought one. The 9v in the amp should last an incredibly long time because I only changed mine once in 2 years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts