The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
39,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By Andrew Holleran

Anyone who has watched Kentucky’s men’s basketball team play this season would likely say the Wildcats faced their toughest test of the season Saturday night.

Notre Dame played ridiculously well. The atmosphere was incredible. There were 20 lead changes. And, in the end, it took two free throws by Andrew Harrison and a closely-missed shot by Jerian Grant to give UK a 68-66 victory and a berth into the Final Four.

John Calipari disagrees, though. During a postgame interview with TBS, it was stated by the reporter that his team had just faced its most arduous obstacle. “No,” Calipari replied. He said his team, 38-0, has been tested a lot this season. “We played poorly,” he said.

This did not go over well with Notre Dame fans and, really, everyone not rooting for Kentucky.

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
Truth be told, Calipari is a A Jackwagon. BUT, when you park your rear-end into "blue blood" programs, you will find that MOST coaches in that position are the most arrogant blankety-blanks on this earth. Pitino, Boeheim, Calhoun, even Roy Williams...... arrogance. THE ONE blue-blood coach that seemd like he may have a shred of humility, is Coach K (I ain't tryin to spell that name)

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Dean Smith was a pretty straight up guy as well. Calipari may also be using the ND game as fodder to show his team that they are like everyone else--1 game from being out of the tournament. For them, it's worse, because they'll be remembered like the 2008 Patriots, as a team that went undefeated, then choked once all the cards were on the table.

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
I've been wrong before, but I believe if Kentucky is to lose, it will be at the hands of Wisconsin, and their ability to rain down bombs from beyond the arc in a crazy efficient manner. Much like they did to Sean Miller's boys.

·
6,669 Posts
Coach K is a friend of mine and is honestly the nicest person on Earth. I've met Calhoun and Boeheim as well and they appear to be mostly class acts. I can't stand Calipari. Roy Williams, no comment on UNC coaches
(But K told me he's a great guy.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
CRENoutdoors said:
Coach K is a friend of mine and is honestly the nicest person on Earth. I've met Calhoun and Boeheim as well and they appear to be mostly class acts. I can't stand Calipari. Roy Williams, no comment on UNC coaches
(But K told me he's a great guy.
It took a UNC coach to figure out how to hold Jordan to under 20 PPG.

·
Registered
39,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember when John Chaney threatened to kill Calipari.

Now, I don't think that's right but if he could have just beat the snot out him, that would been okay with me.

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
I've met Calhoun and Boeheim as well and they appear to be mostly class acts
Perhaps they just save their arrogance and vitriol for media interviews only ? Boeheim has been completely smug in every interview I've seen with him. Add Bob Knight to that. They always seem to have a turd hung-up sideways.

Your pal K on the other hand, comports himself very well, and just comes across as a humble, class-act kind of guy.

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
Calipari is a Pittsburgh guy. Moon Twp. And I honestly never even hear local folks talk about him with any high regard.

·
Registered
39,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chaney has eyes that look like they're gonna pop out of his head on a good day. I can't even explain what they looked like when he was charging the podium that day.

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with his comments. He thinks his team played poorly, not sure what the big deal is? Media folks are always throwing things out of proportion to get more viewers and responses....it's what they do!

·
Registered
10,207 Posts
I saw it and thought it was pretty weak on his part.
His players when interviewed said great things about ND,maybe he could learn some class from the kids he coaches.
Its a shame that last shot didnt go down,now that would have been a great ending to a great game.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
hap said:
I saw it and thought it was pretty weak on his part.
His players when interviewed said great things about ND,maybe he could learn some class from the kids he coaches.
I agree 100%. I saw the post game interview and I thought he handled it poorly. All the Kentucky players did was praise Notre Dame for how well they played and how it was their biggest test of the year. You could tell they were relieved to get out of there with a win. And Calipari gave ND no respect in his interview. Anyone who says otherwise, wasn't watching the same interview I did.

·
Registered
39,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ha, Ha, Ha, Calipari loses! I love it.
I guess his team played poorly again.

Not really, that was a great game to watch. Congrats to Kentucky, they had a great season.

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
I'll bet just about every middle-class American that watches college hoop, is rooting for Wisconsin tonight. I know I am.

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Fleroo said:
I'll bet just about every middle-class American that watches college hoop, is rooting for Wisconsin tonight. I know I am.
Not sure what one's economic class has to do with NCAA men's basketball team allegiances, but hey, I'm pulling for Duke.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
If that video was number two. What was. Number one?
Kentucky team not much better than coach. Many did not shake hands etc.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts