The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sacramento, CA --(Ammoland.com)- In another Tuesday press release, Senator Kevin de León (D-Los Angeles) announced legislative plans to require anyone wishing to purchase ammunition in California to first obtain a California Ammunition Purchase Permit issued by the Department of Justice, valid for one year from the date of issuance.

To obtain such a permit, the holder will have to pass a background check.

Read more at Ammoland.com: http://www.ammoland.com/2012/12/californ.../#ixzz2K5N9hzON

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
NY already has it! Well, it's pass a background check to buy ammo. I was in a shop on the jersey border over the weekend and there was a big sign where the ammo was that said "No ammo sales to NY state residents".

I got carded at checkout and the clerk said, "just checking to make sure you aren't from NY"

Slippery slope to total gov't control. Communism. Thank you thighmaster. Inside joke!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im thinking it has something to do with all the empty ammo shelves i dont by the compulsive buying theory, because to many shells like 270, etc, are not on the shelves. Plus most major hunting seasons have been over for awhile now and its cold out and nowhere near the amount of shooting is going on. Also places like Cabelas buys plenty of ammo there shelves are cleaned out completely,and will be for months. If these ammo companies are working 24/7 there should be some ammo showing up beside backstock.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Alpine Shooter said:
Im thinking it has something to do with all the empty ammo shelves i dont by the compulsive buying theory, because to many shells like 270, etc, are not on the shelves. Plus most major hunting seasons have been over for awhile now and its cold out and nowhere near the amount of shooting is going on. Also places like Cabelas buys plenty of ammo there shelves are cleaned out completely,and will be for months. If these ammo companies are working 24/7 there should be some ammo showing up beside backstock.
US manufacture ammo factories are NOT ramping up. They are business as usual. Their attitude is, why ramp up, then lay people off. I get that. This will pass, and in the mean time there is a shortage.

This will pass.....enjoy the show.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about imported ammo? Not being smart, but the 1 big company said they had it made just could not give a date when it would be shipped. And big gun stores cant even get a backorder date. That was the answer I got from sales.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts