The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it bad that im sitting here in the library trying to learn Calculus (with very little success) and all I can think about is getting my test done so i can go to my cabin and climb up in a tree?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Think of it this way,the better grades you get,the better job you get,the better job you get the more money you make,the more money you make the better hunts you will be able to take for the rest of your life. I like many people on this site decided to go to the school of hard knocks,45 yrs old and beat up, GET GOOD GRADES!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
barryboy08 said:
Is it bad that im sitting here in the library trying to learn Calculus (with very little success) and all I can think about is getting my test done so i can go to my cabin and climb up in a tree?
Just graduated Penn State this past spring..... one word of advice......

"D" stands for diploma!!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I remember the day before my first big calc exam at PSU. I didn't study. I went hunting instead. Got an A in the class because I worked hard at calc in high school.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Killin'time said:
barryboy08 said:
Just graduated Penn State this past spring..... one word of advice......

"D" stands for diploma!!!!!! LOL
That was my differential equations grade. I hated that class and will never use it in my career...ever. Probably won't use much calc either.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
You'll be surprised what you ;ll use in life - learn all you can now - trust me. Give yourself all the education you paid for, it opens options in life - doesn't necessarily make you rich (still takes effort in life too), but gives ready options more so.

It's not wrong, but it is inefficient, so stop it, get studying, get your education, THEN go hunting. The working world is harder than college....sometimes...LOL!!! And lasts much,much longer....maybe all of your life after yesterday's results. Good luck in both endeavors.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Ahhhh Calculus........I had to take all 4 Calc classes at PSU, and they were miserable.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Graduated from PSU in '09 (BS in Civil Eng, so I feel your pain with the calc)...get that work done, it's worth it!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Just keep working at it. I had to take calc 2 three times before i got the C I needed in it for it to count. Trust me it's better to put a lot of time into it the first time than retake it over again. good luck!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Man there are a ton of PSU folk here!

I had to take 2 Calc classes for Veterinary and Biomedical Science (I have NO clue why), and actually kind of liked them!

I had many friends who struggled immensely with MAT141, or for those that have been out for a while, Calculus with Analytic Geometry II a.k.a. Calc II. It should be known that they were engineer majors before and have since changed

Anyways, take everyone's advice and study now. Or study in the woods!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Study, study, study. That is a no brainer. LOL. You have your whole life to hunt, now is the time to set yourself up for the rest of you life. I missed out on a lot of hunting while in college and am happy I did. Trust me. You can live your dreams, after a good education!!!! It makes life easier. It's easier to make money with your brain than your back!!!

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Many years ago I passed Math 111(calculus for business majors) with a 36% on a grading curve. It can be done!
Things have worked out good for me, in spite of that. Unless you are looking for a hard-core science/research job, you will run into very few calc equations in life. And, if you do, a computer most likely will be able to do it for you. I remember my math 110 prof saying "You will never use it. We want to develop your minds".......

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Just make sure that you study enough that you can count points to know if the buck is legal or not. I found that any other math really isn't that important.
In all seriousness you will miss some hunting due to college work, but as others said a good quality job will translate into more and better hunting opportunities down the road. Good Luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts