The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i'll be going to school out at CAL U by Pittsburgh next fall and the Monongahela river flows right by the school. Was wondering if anyone ever fished it? Was wondering what kind of fish are in it (catfish, walleye, crappie? etc..)? Also some good spots if that aint to much to ask lol. Thought i read that there are some nice catfish in there.
Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think there are a few guys on here that went to CAL U and hopefully they'll lead you in the right direction. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Good fishing in the river down there. Allot of local bass tournament s held in that area where the MON and 10 Mile reek meet.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
My daughter goes there and took her fishing gear last semester, but I don't think she ever made it out.

·
Registered
167 Posts
10 miles the place to go! Very good for musky! I am a senior at calu in the fisheries program! We did some electro-fishing with PFBC and caught some huge flatheads and some nice walleye!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool. Im looking to do the Wildlife and fisheries management program out there in the fall. Do you do a lot of fishing around campus?

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Look up Fleero. He is a fishing magician down that way. The Yough is good as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts