The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In June issue of Fur-Fish-Game magazine, page 14 is a good article about using CR's to maximize success.
It hit home with me because the article is about my style of CR trapping. I discussed my methods a few times on this site.

Any of you CR guys read it?

·
Administrator
14,129 Posts
Yep. It's a spot on article.

Matches my techniques to an almost t.

I over see a couple thousand acres here and gang set the heck out of them with good results.

I average 10-25 yotes a year.

The first few years of using restraints were trial and error and I finally sat back and gave it a good look over and came up with a better plan and now its a very successful plan.

I also use a pile of road killed deer and set restraints a decent distance away but be sure not to start the pile to early because if its bear season the bears swarm the pile and it would be considered a baited area so I start with the deer carcasses the day after bear season ends.

·
Registered
43 Posts
What got my interest was that he cuts off the saplings and brush ground level and then plants them back in to keep the area looking natural and eliminating entanglement.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What got my interest was that he cuts off the saplings and brush ground level and then plants them back in to keep the area looking natural and eliminating entanglement.
Fatdawg, As a CR instructor we stay to our teaching manual. But we do have a little time to show some personal setting techniques & tips. I show that method (cutting brush & replanting) to our classes. I also recommend to prepare set locations on trails before the season. That work will be done and you will be in & out on setting day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts