The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What cable cutter do you like to cut the 3/32" cable?

I don't want to use linesman pliers or wire cutters because I am afraid that if I flatten it out and it frays I won't be able to get the ends into the ferrules.

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
Number17 gives good advice. I messed around with other tools for a couple years. Night and day difference. They cut with ease and leave a perfect end.

·
Registered
7,721 Posts
I have those same cutters...but I use them on my MTB and road bike cables.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Cable cutter for 3/32" cable?

I ordered them. That's funny limbhnger10...because I have the Park Tool bicycle cable cutters but I didn't want to ruin them on the thick 3/32 cable. I ride mostly road these days and run marathons.

Thank You everyone for your help.

·
Registered
625 Posts
17's pic of cable cutters work great. Also, if you have bolt cutters, it will work good. Whatever you do, only use linemen pliers/dikes on wire and cable cutters for cable. If you use one for the other, they will not last long/be ruined.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
There are wire cutters and there are cable cutters. There is a reason they are designed differently and distinguished from each other.
Use the right tool or you'll wear them out quickly.

·
Registered
7,721 Posts
Cooney said:
I ordered them. That's funny limbhnger10...because I have the Park Tool bicycle cable cutters but I didn't want to ruin them on the thick 3/32 cable. I ride mostly road these days and run marathons.

Thank You everyone for your help.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow. I ordered them and they came already. They are VERY heavy-duty. I got them used off of eBay but they aree in perfect shape and were half the price of new ones. Thank You again everyone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts