The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to build or where to get the anchors made out of cable you wrap around a rock, can be used for drowner sets. They have a nut in the middle with holes drilled in it for the cable to go through. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
You can go to any hardware store and get cable and whatever you need to make them. I am sure garage door cable would work fine. F&T post sells it by the spools, and it is very cheap to buy.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the cable, this is an cable assembly made up to wrap around a rock and tighten. they are used for drowner sets, get to the creek, grab a rock, wrap it around and pull tight and throw it out into the water. There is a nut in middle to tighten.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Beaver Boy, who was a member on here was the guy who made them up, unfortunately he just passed away about a month ago. He sold them at the conventions in the tailgate section, or at several of the district fall rondys, etc. They were really slick and I wish I would have bought one or payed better attention to how he had the cable through the nut

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dave3, You seem to be on the right track. I seem to have stumped google and cant find anything on ebay. Maybe they don't exist if I cant find them on the internet?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks but that still isn't it, I texted with another guy this evening and he called it a bowtie cable drag. Might be getting some from him this weekend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts