The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a campground with cabin rentals near one of the state forests in either county. This would be for grouse hunting and a place that allows pets. I found a place last year but can't remember the name and switched computers so its lost. Any suggestions appreciated?

·
Registered
459 Posts
mountain top bar has cabins.. fin fur and feather is a B&B .. both are at the intersection of rt 44 north of waterville and 664 north of lock haven.

·
Registered
44 Posts
ole bull state park in cross forks potter county. great spot for grouse there is hungry hollow road. i seen alot during deer season.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Try Quiet Oaks Campground in Cross Fork. They have several small cabins in Cross Fork which are very reasonable, and dogs are permitted. These are pretty basic, but they do the job as a base of operations. These units have a small fridge, microwave, coffe maker, propane cooktop and TV with 2 or 3 channels. Quiet Oaks also has several larger cabins on their campground property on the mountain above Cross Fork. Fin Fur & Feather in Haneyville is a comfortable B&B and they permit dogs in several of their rooms. I stayed there for a few years before I bought a camp. They give you a good breakfast, and you can buy a lunch to take into the field. The Black Forest Inn has some comfy looking rooms, but I don't know if dogs are permitted. I believe Happy Acres Campground in Waterville permits dogs in some of its cabins.
Some of the campgrounds up around Rt. 6 have either cabins or trailers for rent, but I don't know if dogs are permitted.

Finding dog-friendly places seems to get harder every year.

Btw, there has not been a grouse seen in that entire part of the state in years! :))

1 - 5 of 5 Posts