The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what's everyone doing to keep the cabin fever away since the deer seasons are now closed? I kinda been going crazy these last few weekends. I guess it's time to dust of the crow decoys and the caller and maybe get a small game hunt in yet.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Im going out of my mind. I might go hang some trail cams on thursday, just to see what I can get, and maybe take the .223 and e-caller along and see if I cant call a dog in while theres still some snow on the ground here. I wish there was some resident geese hanging out in this area, but haven't been seeing many, or I'd be out chasing those around. Come on turkey season...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Shooting the new bow breaking in the strings and waiting for my back up set to arrive so I can do the same. 122 days til Canada gotta get ready!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turkey hunting is still a ways off yet. Then again i guess it will be here befor i know it since i'll be hunting Kentucky this year. I love getting a 2 week head start on PA's season

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
getting ready for 3-D season to start. I run the shoots at the club. Have to get the trails ready since Sandy blew alot of trees over. First shoot is March 3.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Been busy building a house for one of my sons. I bought a new Elite Pure should be here today. I am going back to a longer ATA bow. I have a 20 yard range in my basement and shoot alot and also i shoot in a winter league. The older i get the longer these winters seem to get.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
20 yard range in your basement, the ultimate guys room, love it. When my son built his garage, he built 70 ft length, so we could shoot 20 yds during the winter months. As for the off-season, with the snow on the ground, I do a lot of scouting for next season.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Hmmmm, good idea, the wife just got a bow maybe I can turn the basement into a range. Cant wait till it gets a little warmer out and we can be out shooting every night.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Took a walk yesterday on one of the farms I hunt. Too much snow there to really look for sheds. Only saw two sets of small buck tracks. Jumped tons of does and fawns though. Ill probably check another farm this weekend and see whats going on there. Might even do some trout fishing on Sunday to kill some time...

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Doing some paper tuning on my new arrows and playing around with some different fletchings. Able to shoot in my basement, so with the wood stove and keg fridge nearby, its a good place to escape the wife and kids when i can;t get out.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have been shooting trap twice a week, and doing some ice fishing. Seems to help with the cabin fever. Good times!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
treed74 said:
Doing some paper tuning on my new arrows and playing around with some different fletchings. Able to shoot in my basement, so with the wood stove and keg fridge nearby, its a good place to escape the wife and kids when i can;t get out.
I don't know about you but with a few beers in me I can shoot so much better. It's kinda weird how that works. Hah hah

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I'm going out of my mind. Started tinkering with some of the old sheds I've found and little bucks I still have the antlers from. Made a powder measure for my flintlock, and a primer flask. Then a few knife handles and 2 knives so far. Ordered leather and a few tools to make sheaths so thats got me thinking about making my own quiver and arm guard.

Come on spring!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I've been shooting some plus I built some arrows a few weeks ago and that helped. I plan to hunt turkeys with a bow (first time ever) this spring so I have also been watching a lot of turkey bowhunts on youtube haha.

·
Registered
15,972 Posts
i work outside, so cabin fever ain't even on my radar. but canoeing some streams at this time of year is a great way to see some new country. peaceful, quiet, and no company.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Rabbit season is still open until 2/23. Doing a little crow and pigeon shooting also. After the 23rd its time to start shed hunting.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts