The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone every used the WOOLTIMATE clothing from Cabelas? I was looking at possibly purchasing the pullover and pants this year? The reviews look good, but I'm just looking for some insight from fellow HPA'ers.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely wouldn't plan on doing that. I would like to cut down on the amount of hunting clothes I have and just get one good set for cold weather. Hoping these are the ticket.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been really impressed with cabelas brand gear over the last couple years. Thanks so far for the reviews.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I have the pants and jacket, like others have said do not walk to stand in it. Great clothing for an all day sit in the cold.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I am surprised no one has mentioned the weight? It's heavy. Cabelas have the woolimate and Berber fleece. I bought the Berber because it's lighter, but for bow hunting it is heavy. Heavy to carry in. No doubt it's warm, the woolimate even warmer. Worth the money for the cold for sure but just know it's heavy. I can't even fit top(with hood) and pants in a bad lands super day pack. The stuff is bulky too but it blocks the wind.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will mainly be wearing it for all day winter sits. I have lighter fleece for warmer days.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
I to have the jacket and pants, very heavy, but I love it. I carry it in and use it mainly for rifle deer season or when I'll be doing a lot of sitting and it's <30 out.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
I have the pants and the jacket as well...

Like was said..the pants are entirely too warm lol...sitting stand when it's cold they are great..it's gotta be real cold to even stand hunt in...

The jacket isn't nearly as heavy...it'd probably be good for the colder rut hunts through the seasons end...I have a few other jackets and don't care much about matching so I haven't worn the jacket...

I just got their legacy pants and jacket and a micro fleece pullover...

I wish the pant legs zippered..and they are LONG. But comfy and should be great for most PA weather..

I watch the Bargin cave often and can't pass up some of the deals...

·
Registered
306 Posts
I bought the jacket last year and it is my favorite piece of clothing. Warm, quiet, and comfortable. I will be buying the pants as soon as they show up in the bargain bin!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have the whole woolimate set up, pants jacket, vest and hand warmer. I was to cheap for years but watched the prices and finally bought. I'm very pleased and would happily buy again. I carry my jacket into the stand but wear the pants with nothing more that cabelas ecws under clothing. Works perfect for me. I don't find the jacket as heavy as mentioned here but to each their own. I would without question buy it

·
Registered
3,131 Posts

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
I have a set of Wooltimate pants, hooded pullover, beanie, neck gaiter and gloves and it is great. The pants are hot walking in if you have a long walk. When it gets really cold I pack in a First Lite Woodbury jacket and my Wooltimate pullover. With merino wool base layers the Wooltimate pants and the Wooltimate pullover over the Woodbury jacket I can sit all day in a stand in really cold windy weather and it's not so bulky that I can't shoot my bow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts